From the beginning, BMG LABTECH has understood that automation is a key feature in high-throughput screening. We have designed ALL of our microplate readers to be easily automated and integrated into various automation platforms.As our microplate readers have the same x-y dimensions and plate out/in locations, once automation hardware has been designed for one of our microplate readers, the solution will work for all BMG LABTECH microplate readers, thus reducing the cost of automation solutions for customers.
BMG LABTECH’s microplate readers can be controlled through ActiveX or DDE interfaces. and reader control language for basic commands has remained consistent and early drivers can execute basic functions even on the most advanced readers.
BMG LABTECH's experienced software team will work with customers to help design any automation solution for more complex tasks. There are many automation software features that allow flexibility without any programming – the ASCII data output is the most versatile in the industry and works with most LIMS and automation platforms.
BMG LABTECH has cultivated many collaborations over the years with various robotics companies including:
- Multifunctional screens with the PHERAstar FS and HighRes Biosolutions’ MicroStar, or the POLARstar Omega and their NanoCell
- Kinase TR-FRET screen with the PHERAstar and The Automation Partnership’s AssetTM HTS System
- Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) screen with the PHERAstar and Caliper® Life Science’s Twister® robot
- DNA quantification screen with the FLUOstar Omega and Hamilton’s Microlab® Star
- Peptide inhibitor screen with the POLARstar OPTIMA and CyBio’s® CyBi® Screen-Machine